Canon are an Official Sponsor of Rugby World Cup 2015
We are thrilled to extend our long history of involvement in the world’s premier sporting events by supporting Rugby World Cup 2015 for the first time.
Rugby is reaching new heights of popularity around the world and our participation in this year’s Tournament presents an exciting, new opportunity to support professional photographers with Canon’s imaging expertise and engage for the first time with rugby fans the world over.
Images play a vital role in bringing the emotions and action of global sports to fans across the world. With this in mind, we aim to capture the unique perspectives of Rugby World Cup 2015 and share them with rugby and photography fans alike, to enhance the spectator experience – no matter where they are in the world.
During RWC 2015, we will be undertaking a range of image-related activities as Official Sponsor including:
• Offering fans the chance to win one of eight unique photography experiences. Winners will get to shadow a Getty Images photographer at an official RWC 2015 open training session for one of the participating nations.
• A behind the scenes story of a Rugby World Cup 2015 venue with renowned adventurer Bear Grylls
• Sponsoring the Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Image Gallery available on the RWC 2015 Website and App
• Capturing 360 degree images from all 48 matches giving fans a unique perspective of every game at the tournament
• Providing print and copying solutions used by the Tournament Organisers
• The Canon Professional Services (CPS) team will be on site sharing their imaging expertise and helping professional photographers capture those perfect shots throughout the tournament