Amstelveen, The Netherlands, 24th August 2006: Canon today launches two PowerShot A-Series compact cameras with the highest resolution in the range to date - the 10.0 Megapixel PowerShot A640 and 8.0 Megapixel PowerShot A630. Replacing the highly popular PowerShot A610 and A620, both cameras feature a rotating 2.5" vari-angle LCD, 4x optical zoom lens and a vast array of creative shooting modes.
The PowerShot A640 and PowerShot A630 pack a vast array of advanced features into a remarkably compact space:
- 10.0 Megapixels (PowerShot A640)
- 8.0 Megapixels (PowerShot A630)
- 2.5” vari-angle LCD screen and real-image optical viewfinder
- 4x optical zoom
- DIGIC II, iSAPS, 9-Point AiAF, FlexiZone AF/AE
- Digital Tele-Converter and Safety Zoom
- 21 shooting modes
"These two new cameras epitomize everything the A-Series stands for," said Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging Europe. "Combining user-friendly design with advanced functionality, they will appeal equally to
novice users and serious photo enthusiasts."