Amstelveen, The Netherlands, 20 August, 2007: Canon today releases its ultra-wide EF 14MM f/2.8L II USM lens. With the shortest focal length in Canon’s renowned professional L-series range, the lens boasts a 114 angle of view; exceeded only by Canon’s EF15mm f/2.8 Fisheye.
The newly designed lens incorporates aspherical and UD elements to achieve the very highest standards of image fidelity. With the latest Ultrasonic Motor for fast and accurate auto focus and the addition of dust and
moisture sealing, it replaces the enormously popular EF14mm f/2.8L USM.
The EF 14MM f/2.8L II USM features:
- Extreme resolving power, superb contrast and sharpness across the frame through the use of aspheric and UD lens elements
- Large f/2.8 aperture for low-light shooting
- Latest Ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) for fast and near silent auto focus with excellent holding torque
- Full-time manual focus override via a large rubber ring that does not rotate during auto focus
- Super Spectra coatings and optimised lens element shaping to suppress flare and ghosting
- Large circular aperture diaphragm for good background bokeh and ‘removal’ of distracting backgrounds at wide apertures
- Lens hood and pouch included in the box