Amstelveen, The Netherlands, 20 August, 2007: Canon today introduces the latest evolution of the IXUS range of digital cameras for style-conscious photographers: the Digital IXUS 860 IS. Equipped with a 28mm (35mm equivalent) 3.8x wide-angle zoom lens with optical Image Stabilizer, the 8.0 Megapixel
Digital IXUS 860 IS is the successor to the hugely popular Digital IXUS 850 IS.
The Digital IXUS 860 IS offers a range of enhancements over its acclaimed predecessor. These include a 3.0” PureColor LCD and improved Face Detection Technology. The camera’s high ISO capabilities work in tandem with an optical Image Stabilizer lens1 to significantly reduce the risk of image blur.
“A winning combination of style, compactness and wide-angle capabilities made the Digital IXUS 850 IS one of our most popular models of the last two years,” said Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging, Europe. “With extensive improvements introduced in this upgrade, we are confident that the
Digital IXUS 860 IS will follow on from its predecessor as the designer compact of choice for photographers everywhere.”
- 3.8x (28mm) wide-angle lens with optical Image Stabilizer
- 8.0 Megapixels
- High ISO 1600 and Auto ISO Shift
- DIGIC III1 with Noise Reduction technology and Face Detection AF/AE/FE
- Improved Red-Eye Correction in playback
- 3.0” PureColor LCD
- Digital Tele-Converter and Safety Zoom1 for extra telephoto reach
- 17 shooting modes and My Colors photo effects
- Extensive movie options including VGA 30fps, Long Play and Time Lapse movie modes