Amstelveen, The Netherlands, 01 August, 2007: Canon announces the new HG10 – one of the world’s smallest AVCHD Hard Disk Drive (HDD) camcorders. The first Canon camcorder to benefit from the enormous capacity that HDD recording offers, the HG10 stores up to 15 hours of HD movie footage – the equivalent of recording onto 28 DVDs. Lining up alongside the HV20 and HR10, Canon’s range now offers every moviemaker an HD camcorder that is perfectly suited to their needs.
As the ultimate HD moviemaking accessory, the HG10 will appeal particularly to home cinema enthusiasts and ambitious filmmakers. Simplifying HD content creation, a new Navigation Control Dial allows quick, intuitive
operation during shooting and playback. The camcorder is packed with advanced technologies inherited from Canon’s professional range, including Instant AF and a Super Range Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS). Superior image quality is assured through the
Canon HD Camera System – the combination of a Canon HD Video lens, Full HD CMOS sensor and advanced DIGIC DV II processor.
“With the introduction of the HG10, Canon offers users more opportunity to record and re-live their precious memories in High Definition,” said Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging Europe. “With vastly increased
storage capacity and simple video transfer, this is an exciting addition to our HD camcorder range.”
The new HG10:
- One of the world’s smallest Full HD 1080i camcorders recording to HDD (AVCHD format) – store up to 15 hours of video
- Unrivalled image quality with the Canon HD Camera System
- Canon Full HD CMOS sensor
- Canon HD video lens with 10x optical zoom and Super Range OIS
- HD-optimised DIGIC DV II processor
- Instant AF for super-fast auto focusing
- Quick Start, powering up the camcorder almost instantly
- Intuitive new Navigation Control Dial for smooth menu selection and easy playback
- Versatile moviemaking: supplied Corel PC software makes it easy to master and burn DVDs