Amstelveen, The Netherlands, 07 January, 2008: Canon expands its award-winning High Definition (HD) camcorder range with the announcement of two groundbreaking flash memory-based models. The compact
Canon HD Camcorders HF10 and HF100 will thrill creative moviemakers who want maximum mobility and the chance to shoot High Definition footage in challenging new environments. The HF10 features a new Dual Flash Memory system, whilst the HF100 offers the convenience of shooting straight to memory card.
Flash Memory allows HF models to offer a range of benefits compared to camcorders based on other media: like Hard Disk Drives (HDD), they provide extended recording times; but they are more compact than DVD camcorders; and they provide superb image quality, comparable with the standard set by High Definition Video (HDV). Featuring the acclaimed Canon HD Camera System, the HF10 and HF100 models are also the first HD camcorders from Canon to record at 1920x1080 Full HD video resolution.
More power-efficient and robust than other recording media, flash memory also results in significantly smaller, lighter HD camcorder designs – the HF10 and HF100 weigh in at approximately 380g.
Both camcorders record directly to standard SD or SDHC memory cards, but thanks to the Dual Flash Memory system, the HF10 also offers an impressive additional16GB of internal memory as standard. Using the internal flash memory and an optional 16GB SDHC card, for example, provides enough capacity to store over 12 hours of HD footage in a camcorder that is small enough to slip in a pocket.
“The HF10 and HF100 extend Canon’s High Definition range with the very latest in recording technology,” said Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging Europe. “Combining the quality of the Canon HD Camera System with flash memory and 1920x1080 Full HD recording – not to mention the unique advantages of Dual Flash Memory with the HF10 – these products re-define what can be achieved with a Canon HD camcorder.”
The new HF10 and HF100:
- Dual Flash Memory: HF10 records to either 16GB internal memory or SD/SDHC (High Capacity) memory card
- HF100 stores video and stills direct to SD/SDHC memory card
- Stylish, lightweight design with the power of 1920x1080 Full HD recording
- Canon HD Camera System for outstanding quality
- 12x optical zoom Canon HD Video Lens with Super Range Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS)
- New 3.3MP Full HD CMOS sensor
- DIGIC DV II image processor
- Instant AF for super-fast, accurate auto focusing
- Versatile recording system: new mini Advanced Accessory Shoe, microphone input with manual audio controls; HDMI and component outputs; compatible with Canon’s new Canon DVD burner DW-100
- New Intelligent battery system, with extended battery life
- Advanced photo features, including 3.1MP still image capture
- Multiangle Vivid LCD screen
- Bundled software: Canon Solution Disk and PIXELA ImageMixer 3 SE